Engagement shoots are a fun time to celebrate the next step in your relationship and also a good way to get some awesome photos with your fiancé. If you don’t have an idea for the type of engagement photoshoot you want I’m here to give you five ideas that’ll make you say I do!
- The Fairy Tale-This theme is all about recreating your favorite fairytale or creating a whole new one! You can recreate a look by your favorite Princess and Prince (maybe even change it to two princesses or two princes, or nonbinary mages; we’re all about inclusion over here.) or you can just dress up as the King/ Queen/NonBinary Royal that you are! Fancy dresses, crowns, tiaras, and thrones can all be used in these types of shoots.
2. All The Romance- Picture this. A gazebo decorated in beautiful lights just after sunset. In the center of the gazebo are you and your fiancé sharing a kiss or maybe dancing, whatever you think looks best! Still don’t see the vision? Okay, try this: One half of the couple on their knee proposing to the other who is standing up. They’re on a bridge covered in beautiful decorative lights. (I like the decorative lights look personally) There are many ways you can create romantic looks like these that remind you of a rom-com.
3. The Adventurous Couple- This theme allows you to explore beautiful parts of the city or maybe even beautiful places outside of your city! This theme could happen on top of a mountain with one person proposing to the other, on a beach with the couple walking during sunset, on top of a cliff with a couple sharing a kiss, or in an open field with one part of the couple picking the other spin their arms! The possibilities are endless.
4. A Night On The Town- This option is perfect for those couples who want something simple and in the heart of the city. This photoshoot would take place in a crowded part of the area or downtown. Pictures would be taken of the couple hugging by large beautiful buildings, walking down city streets together while holding hands, or even just standard poses in your favorite part of town.
5. Straight Out of A Movie- This one is fun if you like t cosplay or if you just have a favorite movie as a couple. In this scenario, the couple would dress up as characters from any movie (or television show) and recreate the movie poster or scene from a movie. Common examples of movie scenes that are sometimes recreated include The movie poster from Queen and Slim (with them next to a car), the Notebook rain scene, and the Titanic Boat scene.
6. Glamorous and Sexy- For the sophisticated couples, this shoot involves you grabbing your most fabulous Tuxedos or Gowns, getting all dolled up, and taking glamour pictures. This can be done well in a studio or outside. If you like this theme but are a little awkward/uncomfortable at being “sexy” (like me) your photographer should be able to help you come up with poses!
7. A Walk In The Park- For our Nature lovers, this is the perfect concept for you! You’ll be in either a park, the forest, or the woods. Sitting or posing by trees and getting pictures with beautiful flowers. You can also go to a local sunflower field to get some beautiful romantic images. Or if you’re more into the country look, you can try a local farm–with permission from the owner of course!
8. The Blissful Boat Ride- A beautiful concept, this photoshoot requires you to get out on a lake or river and ride in a boat while the photographer captures some posed and candid images. You can simply talk to each other and look out to the shore when doing candids. And you can do some seed poses for the staged ones.
I hope this gives you some inspiration for your engagement shoot! Good luck!