Whether you feel like a million bucks while you’re pregnant or you feel like you’re just ready to get this pregnancy over with, you should still get maternity pictures done. There’s so many benefits but for the purpose of this blog I’m going to give you 8 reasons why you need a maternity shoot.
1. Documentation & Memories. Maternity shoots are great ways to document your child’s journey from before they were born, up until the time that they’re an adult. You can use the photos you take for a photo album that you look back on with your kid when they’re older. The photos will also be great memories for you to look back on whenever you’re feeling nostalgic or to just document your transition into parenthood, if it’s your first child.
2. Couples Bonding Time. If you plan on doing a maternity shoot with your partner, this can be a great bonding experience for the two of you. You’ll be able to spend time together and get some updated pictures with each other before your new bundle of joy comes along. You can even make a date of it and go out to eat somewhere fancy after the photoshoot since you’ll already be dressed up.
3. Sibling Bonding Time. If this isn’t your first kiddo then this can be a time for them to bond with the new addition to your family. They’ll get to have some pictures of them holding up signs saying they’re going to be an older sibling, touch the baby in your belly and if you have more then one kid already they’ll be able to take some pictures together and bond with each other before the new addition to the family.
4. Pictures to Display in the House. Another good reason to have a maternity shoot is that you’ll get some updated pictures that you can hang up around your house. You can hang some of the pictures in the new baby nursery, in the living room or even at your office at work.
5. An Excuse to Get Dressed Up. Some pregnant people feel beautiful during pregnancy while other’s don’t. No matter which of the two you are, this can be a great excuse for you to get glammed up. If you’re already feeling beautiful it’ll be a fun time for you to show off the pregnancy glow. If you haven’t been feeling as beautiful lately, it’ll be good for you to dress upland let a photographer capture your beauty, it can definitely help you feel better and see how beautiful you truly are.
6. Surprise Celebration. Another reason for a maternity shoot is that you can reveal your big news to everyone through pictures. Instead of telling everyone you’re expecting one by one you can send out pictures or make social media post using your maternity pictures for the announcement. This is a great option if you’ve been keeping your pregnancy a secret/surprise for awhile.
7. Updated Family Portraits. Maternity photoshoots can be a good way to update your family portraits as well, especially if you already have kids. This is a great time to capture your family as they are, while showing that they are about to expand. Once again this can be a great idea if you haven’t ever taken any family portraits or if it’s been awhile since the last time that you did take them.
8. Capture the Moment You Learned the Gender. If you don’t know the gender of your baby yet then why not do a gender reveal maternity shoot. It can be a great way to capture the moment you learned if you were having a boy or a girl. The photos could then be used as baby shower invitations.
I hope this article helped you decide to do a maternity shoot. Good luck on your journey to parenthood and I’ll see you all next week.