Congrats! If you’re reading this post, you’re more than likely a new parent or are about to be a new parent! I bet you want a photo shoot to celebrate the new addition to your family, but also want to know how to prepare your bundle of joy to get in front of the camera so they can take the best pictures possible. Here are 5 ways to prepare your newborn for a photoshoot.
- Keep Your Baby Awake Beforehand. This might come as a surprise but you’ll want to keep your baby wide awake before the session so that they can be sleepy by the time of the photoshoot. A sleepy baby during a photoshoot is a cooperative baby!
2. Feed them Before the Session. Try to feed the baby a little bit before the photo shoot so they’ll get tired by the time of the photoshoot. This should help them keep from being awake because of hunger. Hangry babies don’t like pictures!
3. Make Sure They Have a Clean Diaper. You probably already figured this one out but make sure the baby has a clean diaper so that they are comfortable during the photo shoot.
4. Swaddle Them Tightly. If the photographer asks you to swaddle the baby, make sure you swaddle them tight so they’re warm and comfortable. This will help them sleep during the photo shoot.
5. Be Ready To Be in a Couple Photos. I know, I know, you may not feel like taking pictures but in the future, you’ll look back and be glad you had some pictures with your new family member. So dress in a comfy but cute outfit and be prepared to be in a couple of images.